Thursday, July 18, 2013

A week of writing and resting.

Hello blog-readers!

This post won't be super long, as I haven't been doing anything super exciting for the last week. For the past 5 days, I've been writing like a mad woman, trying to get the 35 baby biographies finished before this weekend. So far, I've completed 30 and I'm well on the way to getting them finished. Monday and today (thursday) were sick days for me...I think I ate something strange or simply caught a virus. Thankfully, I am feeling much better and will be as good as new by tomorrow.

This weekend, I will be going out to some communities with the teams here at the Lugogo Sun Hotel. I'll be conducting some reviews with children who received TOMS last year; asking them how they held up, how often they wear them, what they would like to improve, etc. I'll also be able to give TOMS! I'm very excited to do this, as I've been eagerly awaiting this opportunity since I arrived. I'm hoping to visit the church community that I served at 3 years ago, but we'll see where I'm needed.

This week was the halfway point; I leave in little less than 3 weeks. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling...I've grown to love being here on the farm, minutes away from the 35 cutest kids you've ever seen, sharing a living space with some of the most awesome people I've ever met, and learning how to listen for and obey God's steady voice (even when I don't like what He has to say!). I'm definitely missing home, too, though. Being sick without my momma a phone-call away is never fun, but thankfully my fellow interns & Lodgemates in combination with Janine gave me medicine, advice, and made sure I was okay. Almost everyone at the Lodge (10 of us) has been sick during the past 2 weeks, so hopefully we're all over the hump now!

Next week I will possibly get to do some work on the farm, depending on how far my writing is. I'm super excited about that (since my major is Agricultural Education) and I've only been able to look from a distance at the fields for the past 3 weeks. 

Thanks for reading, and I'll try to post on my TOMS experience this weekend by Monday :)
With love,
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment